September 27, 2011

The worst feeling...

Well, here I am... 15 days away from what would've been my EDD. I feel like crap. I think I am doing a pretty good job at keeping it together, what with all the Baby Shower pics being posted on FB, and the fact that Similac decided to send me a sample box in the mail today (AHHH!!!!!). These constant reminders really SUCK. And there is nothing I can do about any of it. What also sucks is the fact that AF is still MIA. F.M.L.!!!!!

I am really trying to stay positive and remember that things will get better. I visited the Doctor on Monday in preparation for a diet program I will be starting at the end of this week. He is a former gynocologist who has started a special diet program. I told him about my situation with PCOS and my MC. He told me that the two best ways to get my PCOS under control are to take my metformin and lose weight, and they both go hand in hand. He advised that I start taking one, 500mg, pill a day to start, and work my way up to the 2 500mg a day. He also said that the good news is I know I can get pregnant, and he believes it will happen again. He said he would run all my blood tests and look for even the smallest issue with my thyroid, etc. to make sure that is not a contributing factor. Honestly, it seems VERY promising, and I am hopeful. Once I get started on this, and get a grip on it, I think I'll officially make my appointment at the IVF clinic to run tests there, and start seeing what else I can do to help my situation.

Thankfully, this (and work) is keeping me so busy that I don't have much time to think about my Pity Party... but I know I will not be able to forget. It's going to be difficult, but I just have to get through this and keep my eye on a positive future.

1 comments:

Curly Bud said...

Diva,
I would like to give you a most heart-felt and sincere "good luck!" Hopefully this doc will help you to get your body on track so that we'll have a little Diva soon! =o) Will be thinking about you!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert