September 2, 2011

Next Month?!?!

Apologies in advance if this is a little disjointed. I got some news today that kind of has my mind reeling (see difficult moment of the week, below). I need to get this up today though as its my last day in the 33rd week...so here goes.

How far along: 33 weeks and 6 days. As of yesterday we can officially say the baby is expected NEXT MONTH!

Total weight change: Going by the doctors scale at my 32 week appointment today, +24. During the course of this week my appetite has picked up a bit. The baby books say he's packing on the pounds, so I'm hoping this is why.

Maternity clothes: Always. I've pretty much moved into dresses at this point. It kills my hips to get pants on and off.

Stretch Marks: No new developments since last week.

Movement: The boy seems to be into stretching lately. Often its the downward dog (push off my guts and stick his butt out), sometimes he's stretching out an arm or leg off to one side or the other. The latest trick he does is reaching his hand out and grabbing at my hip bone. Such a strange feeling to feel a tiny little hand trying to grab my pelvis.

Sleep: Honestly, I've been sleeping relatively well this week. Its like all my body wants to do is eat, sleep and pee...my husband jokes I'm just like the baby.

Best Moment This Past Week: Being able to say he's due next month. Mentally, its a good feeling.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Finding out that my husbands job may decide to send him to Japan. If he's tapped to go, he can't say no and he'll be gone for the delivery and at least Christmas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't get tapped to go as he's my only support out here and I'm getting kind of far along to take a cross country road trip (would have to be a drive because the dog would need to go).

Belly Button In or Out: Still an inny.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing major.

Symptoms: Overall the same as in past weeks. I've been very thankful this week to have less pelvic and back pain. Being 8 months pregnant isn't half bad when you aren't in lots of pain.

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert