March 21, 2011

Double Digits!!!

10 weeks! Very excited to be in double digit weeks. 1/4 of the way through the pregnancy!

By week 10, all of your baby's vital organs have been formed and are starting to work together.

As external changes such as the separation of fingers and toes and the disappearance of the tail takes place, internal developments are taking place too. Tooth buds form inside the mouth, and if you're having a boy, his testes will begin producing the male hormone testosterone.

Congenital abnormalities are unlikely to develop after week 10. This also marks the end of the embryonic period — in general, the embryo now has a distinctly human appearance and starting next week your baby will officially be considered a fetus.



Image and development info* credit: http://tinyurl.com/5uccd5v )


How far along: 10 weeks
Total weight change: +3
Maternity clothes: No, but I'm having a helluva time fitting into my old jeans.

Stretch Marks: No
Movement: Too early
Sleep: I've been sleeping really lousy this past week. Not sure why.
Best Moment This Past Week: Getting to double digit weeks and being 1/4 of the way through the pregnancy.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: I had a helluva spotting scare. Turned out to be due to a sensitive cervix, but it still scared me something awful.

Belly Button In or Out: Definitely still in
Cravings/Aversions: Still no eggs and BBQ sauce, but overall the aversions are getting better. Symptoms: They've gotten way better. I actually had 3 days in a row with no nausea. It was GLORIOUS. When I have had nausea, its gotten more mild...more like what I had at week 6 or so. I've also had my first round ligament pains (RLP) and my first incidence of my heart racing for no apparent reason (increased blood flow due to pregnancy).
What I'm Looking Forward To: The u/s that is 10 days away and telling family in a few weeks.

(Sorry about the formatting issues. It won't do the line spacing correctly for some reason)

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert