October 30, 2009

To TEST or Not To TEST for Recurrent Pregnancy Loss

So, my new RE Dr. B sent me to Quest Diagnostic last month to have a full Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL) Blood Work Panel and WOWzers they took 26 vials of Blood! I went in hoping that I would at least find an answer for my miscarriages, but I was anxious because I knew that often times the results come back normal. Despite my nervousness, Dr. B and Mr. Blessed Bud both strongly agreed that before we try and get PG again that I should go ahead and have the RPL Testing.


Photography Credit




Here is what my new RE tested me for:


ANA
Protein C Activity
Protein S Activity
Protein S Antigenic

Plasminogen Activity Inhibin 1
Lupus Anticougulant
Antithrombin III Activity
Antithrombin II Antigen
Factor V Leiden
Factor IX Activity
Factor VIII Activity

T4/T3 Uptake/T$ Free/TSH
Proclactin
Homocysteine
Prothombin Gene Analysis
B2 Glycoprotein
MTHFR Mutation
Anticardolipin AB
Antiphosphoserine
Antiphosphatidylinositol
Antithyroid Antibodies

Platelet Antibody
Annexin VAB
DNA (DS) Abs
ACE insertion/deletion

So I finally had all of this blood drawn, and patiently awaited my test results...


THE RESULTS:

My RPL TEST RESULTS diagnosed me with a small amount of Annexin V antibodies (Antiphospholipid Antibodies) and 1 copy of MTHFR C677T. Other than that everything else came back NORMAL. I believe Dr. B will be putting me on Baby Aspirin and Low Dose Predisone. So, if at first you don't succeed dust yourself off and try again...

Photography Credit



0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert