September 5, 2012

32 weeks - Baby Shower and Birth Plan!

The last couple of weeks have been nothing short of INSANE! With going back to work and finishing up preparations for the Baby Shower, we have been extremely busy. I am happy to report that everything went beautifully, and will be sharing some photos as well :) Get ready for a long post :)

How far along: 32 weeks 4 days! :)

Total weight change: Just had an appointment with my OB yesterday, and am up a total of 31 lbs!!! ::GASP:: OB seems to be ok with it... I don't think I've changed my eating habits... But I do think Baby DBud is really starting to put on some wait... And I'm starting to feel it!

Maternity clothes: Same as last time... I hate most maternity clothes, so I got my baby shower dress from The Avenue, and it fit great. It was a bandeau maxi dress with black, a lighter blue and a dark blue.

Stretch Marks: No new ones... and the ones I have look a little less red/purple. So, hopefully there won't be anymore...

Movement: He is moving a lot lately! Rolling and kicking... so cute :) More rolling than kicking these days. Gotta say, the hiccups are cute :)

Sleep: Back to work, so not sleeping as much as I would like, but still sleeping well. I pretty much knock out, and only wake up about once a night to go to the restroom. I also wake up once or twice to turn over from one side to the other. Still loving my Boppy :)

Best Moment This Past Week: Of course, the Baby Shower!!!!! Also, having my OB appointment and setting up the birth plan... Which I'll go into in a bit :)

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Can't say that I had any real difficult moments... It was a good week :) However, I did have a major fit when one of my dogs tore up one of my favorite sandals... One of the ONLY shoes that still fit. It was a totally hormonal moment. Other than that, it was a wonderful week.

Belly Button In or Out: Still in, but definitely not as deep as before. It's getting more shallow each day... lol

Cravings/Aversions: Not really craving anything, actually. The ice cravings have died down... But it also hasn't been as hot anymore. I hope our South Florida version of Spring is on the Horizon... Here's hoping!!!

Symptoms: The Heartburn has been coming and going, and hasn't been TOO bad. The nausea has been staying away. I have a very heavy, low, feeling in my uterus, that is also quite exhausting. I want him to stay put for a few more weeks, so let's hope he does, but it's getting a little uncomfortable.

And now... First things first!

On Saturday, we had my Baby Shower. It was a beautiful, women only, event at a gorgeous restaurant. We had about 70 guests for a Cirque du Bebe theme that turned out beautifully! It was a major DIY event, and I have to say I was extremely pleased with the result. We made the favors and flower arrangements. Here are a few pictures, taken by a photographer we hired, of the details:

The cake

Diaper and Wipes Tent

My Table :)

A gift from a good friend for the Baby's room (bedding is Carter's Safari Sky)

Feathers!

Showered with gifts for the Baby! (this is not even half of what we got)

A special gift for Mommy from some co-workers :)

It was an amazing day, and I have to say that I am truly blessed to have so many people who care for us.

As for my Dr. appointment and Birth Plan, I briefly discussed this with my OB at our appointment yesterday. I told him that the only thing I do not want is to be induced. He said that was fine, because the Hospital we chose won't induce until 41 weeks either way. He is sending me for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see how big the baby is getting, etc. If the baby is too big, and he feels a c-section may be the best option, then we he will schedule me for one. I am only 5'1", which concerns him a bit in reference to having complications during vaginal birth. If the baby is a good size for me to try and deliver vaginally, he will let me be until 39 weeks. If he doesn't come by then, it'll be a c-section for sure. I am fine with whatever will be best for the baby and I, so at this point I am putting it in his hands. I am going to be specific about what I don't want, but other than that, I'm flexible.

So that's that... Now, we wait! We are waiting on the furniture to arrive (in about 2-3 weeks) so we can build it and finish the nursery. In the meantime, I'm going to start packing my hospital bag, and preparing anything else we need.

Until next time :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Explorer Bud said...

Glad things are going well. Your baby shower looked like a blast!! I am glad that you are all almost ready for this little one to join the family!!

Diva Bud said...

I had an amazing time!!! It was wonderful :) I can't wait for him to be here already! Just a little while longer!!!

Bossy Bud said...

Your shower pics are gorgeous, Diva! SO very excited for you! :)

Curly Bud said...

OMG...totally jealous of the cake!! lol It looks like it was a fabulous shower and I'm so happy that you and Baby Boy got so many goodies!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert