May 22, 2012

17w3d, and moving right along :)

Hello, everyone!!!

I am going to continue with the little template I started using last time... I find this kind of helps me give a thorough update without sounding TOO boring. Some of the weeks are uneventful, with no major appointments or Ultrasounds... so, here we go!


How far along: 17 weeks, 3 days!!

Total weight change: +6 total, based on Doctor's office scale. We have no scale at home... Have to wait until my next weigh in :)

Maternity clothes: Same as last time... The only thing "maternity" I have purchased has been a belly band, which I use with most of my jeans... I have one pair of jeans left that fit comfortably, because they were huge on me pre-pregnancy... but ALL others are either too tight or don't close at all. I feel most comfortable in leggings, stretchy pants and dresses. 

Stretch Marks: Yes, same as before, unfortunately :( I bought some "Bio Oil" which has come highly recommended for this "issue", and I am hoping it works. It does smell nice, though :)

Movement: None, that I've noticed. 

Sleep: Sleeping very nicely, thanks to my NEW Boppy Total Body Pillow! OMG!!! A girl at work recommended it to me, and said it would be my BFF during pregnancy. Boy, was she right! I LOVE that thing! I actually wake up refreshed, with no backaches or drowsiness. I HIGHLY recommend it! It's got the Diva Bud Stamp of Approval ;) 

Best Moment This Past Week: Buying my Boppy, and seeing my good friend's ultrasound picture! She is due January 8th :)

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Tossing my ENTIRE breakfast on the way to buy the pillow :( I was in the car with Mr. DBud, and had just had Denny's (which I normally am not too fond of, but was hungry, so whatever). We were almost at the store, when I started feeling really weird. I got this tingly feeling throughout my head, like my blood was completely draining out of it, and I started to almost "black out", I told Mr. DBud to pull over, and almost let it go right there (which would be the 2ND time in my 4 month old, special ordered, car). He pulled over, and opened the door, leaned out, and let-it-rip! My entire breakfast ended up on the pavement. Mr. DBud said my lips were WHITE. He gave me some gum to chew, and then I was fine. Like nothing happened. Oh, well :(

Belly Button In or Out: In. I took out my belly ring so that I can let the piercing heal from this little infection it has... and it is getting better, so yay!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing major... Just want some Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey... Other than that, just can't eat too much without getting sick, like before. 

Symptoms: Occasionally tired, but I blame that on things being so hectic... MS has died down a bit (aside from that episode I had), so I am hoping it is gone for good. Boobies are currently not sore, so yay! 


Lastly, and this is aside from the pregnancy stuff... In 2 days, I will be celebrating a milestone Birthday :) I will be turning 30! I can hardly believe it! But you know what they say... 30 is the new 20, and I don't feel a day over 21 (and some people think I am in my early 20s anyway) ;) I set out to be pregnant or have my first child by 30, and so far, so good! Mr. DBud said he is taking me out to Dinner, and that it's a surprise... so let's see what he has in store ;) 


Until next time!!!!



1 comments:

Me said...

Now its my turn to live vicariously through you, lol. It's kind of cool to be reading your posts since where you're at is roughly where I was a year ago (my 17w was around May 10).

Amazing to think of all the changes that have come in a year, and of all the changes you'll have between now and this time next year. :-)
~Cactus Bud

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert