November 29, 2011

Appointment Disappointment

Welcome Bossy Bud, it is great to have you here!!

Today was our second IVF appointment where we were doing an ultrasound to check how the eggs were growing. Well...it seems I don't respond all that well to Clomid & Femara and my eggs are not growing. So we had two choices, cancel the cycle now or the next two days up my dose of Menopur and do another ultrasound Thursday to see if they have grown so we can retrieve them. I feel like banging my head against a wall!! We of course went with option 2 since who bails when you have a slight chance to get something out of the cycle. So we went home and Mr. Explorer Bud gave me 4 vials of Menopur in my rear. Luckily with some good numbing I didn't feel a thing. Really numbing does wonders when it comes to shots!! So I am keeping my fingers crossed that the eggs will grow so we can harvest them soon.

2 comments:

Bossy Bud said...

I understand exactly how you feel! I , too, did not respond well to Femara. My RE would not even let me try Clomid. May I ask- Are you taking any injectables to help with follicle growth?
Fingers crossed that your appointment on Thursday goes well!

Diva Bud said...

How frustrating!! ::crossing my fingers and toes and anything else I can cross so that your next appointment goes well::

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert