October 14, 2011

Oops! It's been awhile...

I've tried to be really good about posting weekly to the blog but the end of this pregnancy has me going crazy! There is so much to do to prepare for baby how can I possibly blog?

Today I am 36 weeks 3 days (I think). I had my 36 week appointment on Tuesday and got some fun news! They did the GBS swab (yuck) and since they were down there anyway I asked to be checked. Guess what? 2 centimeters dilated and 50-60% effaced, yahoo! I know it *technically* doesn't mean anything BUT ask any pregnant woman and I bet she will say she was excited about any progress she had made. I figure those are 2 less centimeters I have to be in labor for.

My midwife also gave me the go-ahead to start taking Evening Primrose Oil three times a day. This will help soften my cervix. She also told me baby is facing posterior (sunny side up) which is usually the cause for some painful back labor. Great! So she gave me a sheet with ways to sit to help baby turn to the right side. I've been living in those positions since Tuesday. Back labor? No thank you!

I think I have gained between 20 and 25 pounds. I feel like a whale. I sure hope I can lose all this weight after baby is born.

Mr. BB is getting pretty excited about baby, he is always asking me whether I think baby is a boy or a girl (no idea) but will never share what he thinks (not fair)!

We can't wait to meet Baby BB. The kids are so excited! The car seat is installed, the cosleeper is set up, diapers are prepped, and the clothes are all washed. I have been nesting badly lately so hopefully I can clean/organize the whole house before this LO arrives since I know I won't be doing much cleaning with a newborn.

The nursery is not finished and I doubt it will be before Baby BB arrives. Oh well, what can you do? He/she will be sleeping in our room anyway. I am hoping we get it finished soon after LO is here though. The dry way is (FINALLY) going up this weekend. Then it will need mudding/sanding before we can paint and tile. I am actually heading over to pick out some tile right now.

Our last Bradley class is Tuesday, woo hoo! I'll also be full term then too. My Bradley instructor thinks I'll go into labor in the next two weeks, exciting!

I *will* *(at least try) to update Tuesday.

-Buttercup Bud

1 comments:

Diva Bud said...

Woohoo!!!! Baby BB is knocking at your door (or should I say cervix). Can't wait to find out the sex!!! I don't know how you could wait until he/she pops out to know... I am too inpatient for that!!! GL and keep us posted :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert