March 23, 2011

POP.... goes the belly button.

It's official, my innie is now an outtie. I have pretty bad belly button issues as it is and cannot stand to have it touched at all. When I was recovering from my lap, the belly button incision is the one that bothered me the most. And now that it's all stretched out and popping out, the last few days were pretty miserable. It was touching everything and completely icked me out. So far today, it's not as bad for some reason.

I'm already starting to find it more difficult to get up and down and to maneuver around. It's interesting how much earlier things happen with your second than your first. I'm officially rolling out of bed instead of just jumping out of bed.

The morning sickness comes and goes. Some days are better than others. Some days my Zofran and I are best friends. Usually if I start out my day with a big glass of orange juice (with pulp) than I'm pretty good for most of the day.

Here is my 20w picture:
I'm still holding strong at only 15 pounds gained so far. Thankfully, my major cravings are apples, oranges and strawberries with the occasional chocolate craving thrown in there.

I've been on a serious organizational binge lately. I've already gotten all of his newborn and 0-3 month clothes washed and put away in the dresser/closet. Yesterday, I spent the day reorganizing our kitchen cabinets to make room for a cabinet for all the bottles/liners/breastmilk storage containers:I'm going to put off washing and prepping all of my cloth diapers until much closer to the time that I'll need them. This is part of the stash so far. I've added 5 more diapers since this picture was taken.

I'm really enjoying all there is to do to get ready. I know I complained that time was dragging but once I hit 20 weeks, time seems to be going too fast now!! I don't mind if he stays in there because I'm at least getting some sleep (despite getting up 2-4 times a night to go to the bathroom) and I'm very much enjoying my morning snuggles with DD when she climbs into my bed for cuddles in the morning.

~ Sunflower Bud ~

4 comments:

Jen J. said...

You look awesome!!! Getting ready for LO is so much fun! :)

Sassy Bud said...

You have an adorable bump! And I'm jealous of your CD stash!

Sunflower Bud said...

I've been slowly collecting over the last 6 months when I see great deals and sales. And I'm very lucky to have a fabulous friend who makes diapers (Beeber's Butts)!

Cupcake Bud said...

I am seriously thinking of doing cloth diapers :) I love those ones you have

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert