March 14, 2011

9 Weeks



Since my EDD got bumped to Oct 17th, that moves the week marks to Mondays.

Baby is about the size of an olive this week. The tail at the bottom of your baby's spinal cord has shrunk and almost disappeared by this week. In contrast, your baby's head has been growing — it's quite large compared with the rest of the body and it curves onto the chest. By this week, your baby measures about 0.6 to 0.7 inches (16 to 18 millimeters) from crown to rump and weighs around 0.1 ounces (3 grams). The tip of the nose has developed and can be seen in profile, and flaps of skin over the eyes have begun to shape into eyelids, which will become more noticeable in the next few weeks.

The digestive system continues to develop. The anus is forming, and the intestines are growing longer. In addition, internal reproductive features, such as testes and ovaries, start to form this week.

Your baby may make some first movements this week as muscles develop. If you had an ultrasound now, those movements might even be visible, but you won't be able to feel them for several more weeks.*

(Image and development info* credit: http://tinyurl.com/5uccd5v )

How far along: 9 weeks
Total weight change: +2. Bloat
Maternity clothes: Still no, but Bella Band is beginning to be more comfy than a belt. Pretty much I'm in the "Is she pregnant, or just fat?" category.
Stretch Marks: No
Movement: Too early
Sleep: I've been sleeping fine other than being woken up by having to pee or being too hot.
Best Moment This Past Week: Having my first appt and getting the u/s scheduled to see the heartbeat. Finally.
Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Finding out I apparently have a misshapen uterus and worrying about how that could impact this baby...and that I have to wait until months end to see a heartbeat
Belly Button In or Out: Definitely still in
Cravings/Aversions: Still no eggs and BBQ sauce. I don't like being around raw meat lately either.
Symptoms: I'm still lucking out. Nausea is regular (similar to motion sickness), but still no puking. Irritable (just ask my husband!), bloated, constipation if I'm not careful. Spotting with disturbances 'downstairs'...including bright red spotting after sex. The bright red part about gave me a heart attack even though I knew spotting was likely.
What I'm Looking Forward To: The u/s that is light years away. Finally letting the cat out of the bag in early April.

2 comments:

Explorer Bud said...

OMG 9 weeks you are just trucking along, I am sure you are very anxious to see that heart beat!! I hope you don't get morning sickness too bad!

Cactus Bud said...

Knock Wood with the m/s. I've not had it bad at all. Generally enough to know its there but not enough to make me sick. Though now that I think about it, its been a few days since its shown its head. Guess that means tomorrow will be a joy.

I can't believe I'm at the 9 week mark either. Seems like just yesterday I was excited to get to 6 weeks!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert