February 22, 2011

Halfway through the 2WW

Today is 7DPO so I am half way through the 2WW. The only thing I have been feeling, aside from a head cold and tiredness are light twinges in my belly between my pelvis area.

One of my good friends sent me a St. Gerard statue. For those of you who are not familiar, St. Gerard is the Patron Saint of Expectant Mothers and Unborn Children. My friend bought the statue at a Catholic Bookstore. It came with a medal, which Mr. Buttercup Bud is carrying in his wallet and a charm which I will place on a necklace. The statue has a prominent place on a shelf in our bedroom next to the unity candle from our wedding. Here is a picture of everything:



Image Credit

The prayer that came with the statue is for a woman who is already pregnant so I printed out the prayer for getting pregnant. Here it is:

O Good St. Gerard,
powerful intercessor before God
and Wonder-worker of our day,
I call on you and seek your help.
You who on earth did always fulfill God's design,
help me to do the Holy Will of God.
Beseech the Master of Life,
from who all paternity proceeded,
to make me fruitful in offspring,
that I may raise up children to God in this life
and heirs to the Kingdom of His glory
in the world to come. Amen.

Mr. Buttercup Bud and I said the prayer together last night. Hopefully between St. Gerard, the pineapple core, the POM, green tea and everything else, this is our cycle.

I am not planning on testing until the 1st which is 14DPO. Hopefully I can hold out that long and AF doesn't rear her ugly head. I would really love to bring home a little turkey around Thanksgiving.

-Buttercup Bud

5 comments:

Magnolia Bud said...

Good luck! Fingers crossed that everything you're doing results in a Thanksgiving baby buttercup!

Buttercup Bud said...

Thanks Magnolia Bud!

Diva Bud said...

TONS of T&P for you... I am also very Catholic and posted about a place in St. Augustine called Our Lady of La Leche Shrine a while back. May have to plan a visit later this year myself ;) GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Teacher Bud said...

Wishing you luck in the 2ww!

Buttercup Bud said...

Thanks Diva Bud and Teacher Bud!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert