December 28, 2010

Cautiously optimistic...

is probably the one phrase that would describe me right now. I cannot help to be optimistic after our first IUI, even if Mr. PB's numbers weren't great for both. I just feel great that we are actually doing something productive to help ourselves. I know feeling so positive will make getting bad news even harder, but I can't help it.
Now for all the numbers:
IUI #1 on Sunday 12/27: post-wash sperm count 10 million, but 75% motility
IUI #2 on Monday 12/28: post-wash sperm count 22 million with 4 progression, which according to the Fertility Bits blog:

how the sperm swim in a linear direction. Progression scores range from not moving (0) to rapid linear movement (4). All fresh (non-processed) and frozen thawed semen samples generally have individual sperm that exhibit all progression scores. The average progression score for a fresh or frozen thawed semen sample is between 2 and 3.

I had some cramping on Sunday afterward and more on Monday, but today I woke up with nothing. I did have to go to the dentist and let her know that I couldn't have an x-ray which prompted her to make all sorts of comments about me being pregnant, including commenting how much gums were bleeding (they bleed every time). Oh well.

I have my beta test January 10th with a follow-up appointment with my RE at 1. Hopefully they will have the results in time. I am desperately going to try not to test until then, but I know it won't happen. Part of me wants to test right now just so that I can see a positive, even though it would be a false positive because of my Ovidrel.

Fingers crossed! I wish you all a great New Years and I hope you all get everything you want in 2011.

1 comments:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert