November 8, 2010

The End...and New Beginnings

Today I had my final appointment at the midwife's office for this pregnancy. No internal (thankfully), and two tubes of blood (betas...phlebotomist drew into the wrong tube the first time around). I'm not going to be going back for repeat betas after today. The midwife recommended waiting for two periods before we try again, so that puts us at January (give or take) before we can TTC again.

I stopped spotting yesterday, and the midwife told me that with normal use of cytotec, women will have a period about four weeks after using it. Because the bulk of my miscarriage happened naturally, she thinks it may come earlier than that, or around that time frame. Since I'm charting, she said I'd probably have some indication (hopefully ovulation) that AF is on her way. We also talked about fertility supplements and fertility teas, and she recommended starting to drink a fertility tea to help my body recover after the miscarriage.

I expected this appointment to be a relief, knowing that we could move on, but instead it made me sad. Sad because I should be hearing the heartbeat on doppler now; sad because this is the end; and sad because we have to start over...and we can't start over quite yet.

So for the next couple of months, I'm going to work on getting my body and mind back in baby-ready shape. My half marathon/full marathon weekend kicks off two months from today (it's the Disney World Goofy Challenge), and I'm taking part in the 200-situps challenge with several online friends. I'm also going to continue with my yoga practice, and to make some headway on my 101 in 1001 list I'm going to be taking part in a Yogathon in December: 108 sun salutations in an afternoon to raise money for lung cancer research.

That all said, my posts for the next two months will probably involve workouts, charting, stories from my travels, and projects around the house. I won't be enjoying the break from TTC, but I'm going to make it productive.

Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Atlanta! I'm heading down to speak at a conference, but am more than happy to visit--we used to live there, and one of my BFF's lives there (with her 7-month old baby, who is TOO adorable). I'll be there the rest of the week.

Hope you all have a good week.
Lots of love,
Magnolia Bud

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert