October 21, 2010

The Waiting Continues...

I just got a call from a very nice nurse at the midwife's office with the results of my first betas. Too bad the numbers aren't as nice as the nurse.

6966 at 7w6d.

Unfortunately, those don't look so good. The number is definitely low, and as intervention-free as the office tends to be, they recommended I go in for the first available ultrasound because they now suspect a blighted ovum, given that I had good dates (thanks to charting!). They're faxing over the paperwork to the hospital this morning, and the ultrasound clinic is supposed to be calling me soon. I'm also going in first thing tomorrow for another blood draw (betas and I'm going to be requesting a progesterone check too).

The nurse spent a good couple of minutes on the phone to make sure I was ok (I'm not really, but I'm trying to hold it together until I get the call from the hospital--at that point I can leave work), and briefly explained my options if it turns out to be a blighted ovum. I really wish this wasn't happening, and I hate that all I can do is wait. I'm really happy that everyone I've talked with/seen at my midwife's office is so nice--I do feel like they care what happens to me and this baby, and that has made a big difference for me this week.

I'll let you know as soon as I know anything.
Magnolia Bud

2 comments:

Blueberry Bud said...

Magnolia Bud, I am praying that you will get the news we all want you to hear when you have your ultrasound. Thinking of you.

Golden Bud said...

Thinking of you today...

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert