April 5, 2010

HSG

I had my HSG done today. My gyn referred me to a RE, which is where I had the procedure done.


They had me go in and lay on a table underneath an xray machine. First, she put in the speculum and cleaned off my cervix. This part was only mildly uncomfortable- maybe a little worse than a pap. Next they inserted the catheter. This part was painful, but bearable. The worst came when she inserted the balloon with the dye. The balloon stretches your uterus and causes very painful cramps. The dye seemed to increase the cramping. The nurse put pressure on my abdomen and that helped a tiny bit.


The whole procedure took 5-10 minutes. While it was extremely painful, it was bearable and quick, so not all that bad. They gave me a pad to wear until the dye all comes out and an Rx for an antibiotic.


The great news is the results were all clear. The doctor said my uterus and tubes were "beautiful" and she said Clomid should be a good course of treatment for us.


Next up- S/A.


1 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert