December 30, 2009

Good News & Unanswered Questions

Yesterday I had an ultrasound to see if they could determine the cause of my extremely long cycles. I'm currently at CD 84, 4 days past my last dose of Provera, with no sign of AF.

I was a little nervous, as I've never had an ultrasound before. The first part of the process was the transabdominal ultrasound. This one was no big deal, except for the 48 ounces of water I had to hold in for an hour before my appointment. Can we say uncomfortable?! I have a very small bladder and I did not enjoy this at all. The U/S tech was very kind and time efficient with this part so that I could empty my bladder for the second half of the exam.

Next she did the transvaginal ultrasound. Reading the description/seeing pictures of it was much worse than it sounds. See what I mean:


Basically they just take a look around internally. It was not at all painful or uncomfortable. All I cared about at that point was that I didn't have to pee anymore!

I had the U/S done at an outpatient center because it is much closer to work than my Ob/Gyn office. So I had to wait until today to call for the results. I was also still waiting on the bloodwork results from my last appointment on December 18th. Well, the nurse just called. Here is what she said:

Ultrasound:
  • Uterus- looks great
  • Ovaries- also great
  • No other issues spotted on U/S
Bloodwork:
  • Thyroid- normal range
  • Hormones- normal range
  • No other issues in b/w

So, this is great news! I really am relieved that there seem to be no issues at all with my body.

But, why have I not seen AF in 84 days? Is the Provera even going to work? Why am I not ovulating?

My doctor is out of the office until Tuesday, but the nurse said she will be calling me then, so I will have to ask her what she thinks. Best case scenario- AF shows, and my cycles become normal. Here's hoping!



0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert