November 23, 2009

22 Weeks down!

I think Baby GB's growth must slow from here on out because I only get my fruit updates from thebump.com every month instead of each week.

Here's what Baby GB is up to during my 5th month of being KU!

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.


Apparently Mr & Mrs GB need to watch their mouths from here on out also since Baby GB is able to hear our every word :) This may be more difficult for Mr GB than myself - he's got quite the potty mouth. I think that I'm also going to have to invest in some new soothing iTunes to calm Baby GB! I've heard that classical music is great to play for your baby while he's still in the womb.

I'm definitely feeling him tumbling around in there now a days and if he punches me low enough it makes me feel like I have to pee... fabulous feeling :) I haven't been able to pinpoint his sleep cycles as suggested above but he must sleep the same time I am because he's not keeping me up at night. This morning he was REALLY active about an hour after I had my breakfast! Thebump.com also recommends to set aside some time each day to count kicks - once you start feeling them regularly - ideally, you'll feel ten kicks, swishes, rolls or jabs within an hour. If after two you aren't to ten it's suggested to give your doctor a call. I'll have to keep that in mind!

Well, other than these few little tidbits we haven't been up to much - so we're focusing on Thanksgiving right now! On Wed we are heading 4 hours west to visit our families. I'm SO excited - they haven't seen us since we were about 12 weeks along!


0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert