October 25, 2009

The 2WW is torture

Today I am 8 DPO, but it seems like it's been months since I ovulated! I don't know how 8 days can seem so long.

This has been an interesting month. It's the first month I've been on the medication regimine prescribed by my RE. At the beginning of the month, there were five days of femara. Then on CD14, I had the pleasure of giving myself a shot called ovidrel, which triggered ovulation. I actually gave myself the shot, which is a huge deal because I do NOT do well with needles. It's amazing the fears you can overcome for something you want so badly. Then four days after the shot, I started on endometrine, which is a progesterone suppository.

When I started out with all this, I was sure that it would be the trick for me to get pregnant. Now that I am at the end of my cycle I'm not so sure. I don't know what it is that makes me think I'm not pregnant right now. I've actually had more symptoms than any other month, including cramps, backaches and moodiness. But I have no idea if that is progesterone side effects or pg symptoms. I also still have high temps and no spotting, which is great for me. But again, that could be attributed to the progesterone. Maybe I am not feeling like this will be our month because I have to have some sort of defense mechanism to protect myself from being crushed if I start AF. I did test this morning and it was a BFN, but I know it was early. I guess I will have keep waiting, see what my temps do and hope that AF stays away!

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert