August 25, 2009

9 Weeks Down... 31 To Go!

Baby Glow Bud is 9 weeks!!!

Despite the fact that it's a little generic, I think that thebump.com's comparison's of Baby GB to fruit and vegetables is pretty interesting and at least I can really picture how big he or she is.

It's a lot easier to explain to Mr. Glow Bud this way too! He's a little clueless as to these things and asked me the other day if I can feel any movement yet. I had to set him straight that no, I
cannot feel something the size of an olive move around in my belly - even if it does have arms and legs now! Here's what Baby GB is up to this week:

Baby's now the size of a green olive!
Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!




Our next appointment is set for Sept 9th, the wait is killing me to hear that little heartbeat again!!! Mr. GB I don't think will be able to go with me but we're crossing our fingers that everything is still ok in there and that we don't have anything to worry about!


So far (knock on wood) I've had no morning sickness, no spotting, only a little cramping during the 1st few weeks but it's subsided, no food aversions - other than the smell of Mr. GB's cocktail one night almost made me hurl but I guess this is good as it could be a craving that I can't fulfill? Right? I haven't really gotten too many cravings yet either, every so often the thought of something pops into my head and I want to have it REALLY bad. Last weekend it was lime popsicles... mmmMMM, lime popsicles!


What I HAVE experienced is that I'm a lot more hungry than normal, I usually never ate breakfast before and now I have to. I can drink a whole glass of milk and not feel like my stomach is in a knot 20 minutes later (pre-Baby GB milk was off limits!). I literally cannot go more than an hour without going pee if I've had anything to drink. And last but not least, I want to sleep... ALL-THE-TIME!

Anyway, hopefully you will enjoy the journey of Baby GB - I am so far!

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert